If you’ve recently purchased CBD you may be wondering how to amplify its effects in a way that is efficient, easy, and ideally utilizing products already found in your own home.
Using Everyday Ingredients
Ever heard of the “entourage effect” before? This is what happens when cannabinoids, flavonoids and terpenoids work synergistically to intensify CBD’s medicinal reaction in the body.
Triggering the entourage effect with CBD can be accomplished by mindfully monitoring the ingredients that you use with edibles, oils, sprays capsules, supplements, lotions or whatever you’re seeking when you buy CBD online.
If an ingredient is equally as rich in minerals, vitamins and nutrients, how can it not amplify the effects of CBD, right? Below, we highlight some of our favorite CBD combinations that you likely have in your kitchen:
- Olive oil – A popular condiment for cooking and salads, olive oil is full of healthy monounsaturated fats. This type of oil is brimming with antioxidants and some studies show that it may even help to protect against heart disease and stroke. Combined with a CBD oil to pull in CBD’s anti-inflammatory effects, this duo will work wonders.
- Sugar – Why not get your sugar fix by baking some CBD-infused brownies or mixing CBD oil into melted chocolate? A sugary edible will satisfy sweet tooth cravings and the therapeutic effects of CBD will be prolonged. Opt for natural sugars, since these complex carbohydrates provide a wallop of nutrition and can assist with blood sugar regulation.
- Mayo – You might not have expected to see this one on the list, but mayonnaise is rich in nutrients and minerals that could help to boost heart health. The consistency of mayonnaise will help absorb nutrients better, as well as increase your daily intake of vitamins A, D, E and K, all of which are fat-soluble.
- Butter – Rich in calcium, riboflavin, niacin and phosphorus, butter will provide your body with a daily dose of vitamins A and E. It is the perfect base ingredient to enhance the effects of CBD. Mix melted butter with CBD oil, leave to cool and spread a controlled dose over your toast in the morning!
- Caffeine – Did you know that caffeinated coffee could reduce the risks of throat and mouth cancer by 50%? What’s more, coffee may minimize the risks of developing stroke by 22%. Caffeine reacts with the same receptors as CBD in the central nervous system to improve concentration and prevent fatigue. In small doses, CBD does the same, and by combining both you get a caffeine boost!
Things to Consider When Buying CBD Online
To ensure your safety, consult with a doctor or licensed health care physician prior to buying CBD products, and stick to a quality source like The BWell Market.
And remember that the products you choose should reflect your purpose for using CBD. For fast-acting therapeutic effects, drop some CBD oil under your tongue using a tincture. Don’t mind waiting for the effects to kick in?
Try an edible, such as BWell’s Mango Belts, which contain 200 mg of CBD and will release their effects for up to eight hours.