Continued from our round up of How long does it take for CBD to take effect? Part 1, we’ve put together a short list of five essential oils that are fantastically combined with CBD oil. Read on to pick your next favorite scent:
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil – Eucalyptus has a fresh scent similar to peppermint. Studies have shown that eucalyptus may benefit mental health by relieving brain exhaustion. What’s more, eucalyptus has been shown to reduce muscle and joint pain, thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, which aligns nicely with CBD.
- Bergamot Essential Oil – Another ingredient to amplify the effects of CBD is bergamot. This type of oil is extracted from the bergamot orange, thus giving it a citrusy smell that may help to relieve the symptoms of anxiety when inhaled. Researchers have studied the terpenes contained in bergamot essential oil, such as limonene, linalool, and linalyl, for their ability to reduce pain, blood pressure, depression and stress.
- Sandalwood Essential Oil – Folk medicine dating back through ancient China and Tibet used to (and continue to) rely heavily on sandalwood, due to its antiseptic properties and sedating effects. Stress can be eradicated from the nervous system when the oil is inhaled, so why not to use it as a fragrant addition to your CBD skincare regime? Sandalwood’s anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and anti-proliferative properties make it ideal for treating skin ailments.
- Clary Sage Oil – This study demonstrated how clary sage oil may be utilized as a therapeutic treatment for individuals who suffer from depression and stress. The anti-stress effects of clary sage oil, combined with the fact that CBD oil may induce feelings of relaxation, makes this the perfect addition to a topical CBD solution.
- Lavender Essential Oil – Last on the list of the best ingredients to enhance the effects of CBD is lavender. The oil derived from lavender boasts beneficial immunomodulatory effects that could help to speed up the wound healing process. It also possesses antibacterial, antidepressant, antifungal, analgesic and anxiolytic effects. Consider adding lavender to a topical CBD solution for the best results.
Please consult with a doctor or licensed health care physician prior to buying CBD products. Remember that the products you choose should reflect your purpose for using CBD.
For example, if you want to experience localized relief from skin inflammation, pain or dryness, a topical solution in the form of a lavender CBD-infused bath bomb or a topical lotion might be worthwhile.
Another suggestion is to mix in a few CBD oil drops with your favorite body lotion and go from there.